Artists' Market in Norwalk, Connecticut has the only permanent gallery collection of M. C. Escher's original artwork on exhibition and for sale. For more information about buying and selling Escher original prints, contact the owner, Jeffrey Price, at 203-846-2550 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
M. C. Escher exhibit at Artists' Market, Norwalk, Connecticut, ca. 1992
PERMANENT MUSEUM COLLECTIONS
Museum collections of Escher's original artwork are often not on public exhibition. It is recommended that you contact an institution prior to your visit to make an appointment to view the works. Some museums which house Escher masterworks include:
- The National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.
- The Escher in het Paleis, The Netherlands
- The National Gallery of Canada , Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- The Tel Aviv Museum of Art, Israel
- Herakleidon Museum - Experience in Visual Arts, Athens, Greece
Het Palais Museum devoted to M.C. Escher's work, The Hague, Holland. Photo by Jeffrey Price.
The sculpture in front of the museum is a copy of one created by Escher,
and this shape is seen inhabited by dinosaurs in his lithograph "Gravity."